Sunday, October 23, 2005

7-0-0

Well, this weekend was fun, but I don't know if I could do it again. At least not the same way. Belinda and I drove up to Nashville on Saturday, watched the Predators down the San Jose Sharks 2-1, and then drove back to Athens getting home at about 5:30AM.

I had fun, and I think Belinda did too. The Preds didn't play well, and probably should have lost, but Tomas Vokoun, the Predators' goalie, just wouldn't let it happen. He played out of his mind, and stole a win for the Preds.

There was one scary moment in the game, when Vokoun took a puck to the throat. His head snapped back, he fell, somehow pushed the puck to the corner before collapsing motionless on the ice. The entire arena fell silent in unison, as all of us feared the worse. Very fortunatly for us, he got up after a few minutes, and actually finished the game. Now, I'm as big a Scott Hartnell fan as anyone, but Vokoun was the #1 star of the game in my book, for stopping 37 of 38 shots and coming back after taking a 90 something MPH slapshot to the neck and still going.

Pictures from the game are below. Enjoy. Or not. Whatever. ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not undefeated anymore! Time to fire Trotz?

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home