Friday, June 17, 2005

Back from the brink...

Yeah I don't know what the title to this post means. Basically I've decided to try and post here more frequently, (but I always decide to do that) but this time I actually will! I almost skipped class today, but I decided to go, because what the hell else would I do in the morning? Billy wasn't there, but he invited me along with him and Gussio at 11:00 to go to Ramsey to work out. I am, if I may say so, the most out of shape person I know, but I'd like to change that. So we went and after having a bit of a problem with the card reader turnstile thing, we got in. Goose, Billy, Marci, and I walked around the track for a while, then we played some fiendish game that required us to run. My calves are sore, but that's the price one pays I suppose. Then we did some sit ups on those incline machine things. When mine was just a little slope I could barely do five. When I tried it again flat, I could get to 15 or so. I suck. Marci and David are much better than me, of course I'd like to see either of them beat me at video game football or tennis. They're too chicken! (Though they have both at one time or another lost to me in table top hockey, so at least they're willing to try new things.)

What else? Oh, after the sit-ups (Where I somehow hurt my arm? Am I so out of shape that my brain doesn't even know where to tell me I'm experiencing pain?) we went to the Broad Street Bar and Grill for lunch. Marci didn't want to ride there so she ran. Considering the how far it was and the fact that we only beat her there by like 6 minutes, I'm officially prepared to concede any race to her.

In sports news Tim Hudson is on the DL, which means the Braves are so screwed you would be forgiven if you mistook them for a 2 dollar hooker. They have now one good starting pitcher (Smoltz) and three starters who you don't know what's going to happen when they pitcher (Ramirez, Davies, Sosa). In the bullpen there's maybe 2 good pitchers (Rietsma, Foster), and a load of crap. In the field the Braves have 2 stars (Andruw and Giles), 2 servicible players (Estrada, LaRoche) 3 kids (Marte, Langerhans, Johnson), and 1 drunk who's also killing my fantasy team (Furcal). Brian Jordan won't be mentioned here or anywhere else again, as I'm sure that, given the chance, Marci could outplay him at this point. (I'm not being sarcastic).(I really love using parenthesis.)()

This is turning into a supremely long post, so I'll wait to talk about tomorrow's plans until tomorrow is overwith. In the mean-time I'll leave you with this: (if it works)

YOU ARE RULE 8(a)!

You are Rule 8, the most laid back of all the
Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. While your
forefather in the Federal Rules may have been a
stickler for details and particularity, you
have clearly rebelled by being pleasant and
easy-going. Rule 8 only requires that a
plaintiff provide a short and plain statement
of a claim on which a court can grant relief.
While there is much to be lauded in your
approach, your good nature sometimes gets you
in trouble, and you often have to rely on your
good friend, Rule 56, to bail you out.


Which Federal Rule of Civil Procedure Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

i'm rule 8 too!!!

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home