Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Ring-ing in David's 25th year

My friend David Dix's birthday was this last Friday. As I wrote him on his "card" congrats on having made it through another year without... dying. It was a fun evening. In attendance were: Me, Belinda, DavidD, Emma, DavidG, Marci, Anna, Nick, Amy, Shawn, Anuj, and Justin. I really hope I didn't forget someone. There were drinks and food at TransMet. And then Drinks and Pool at some other bar. There was a near trip to a boob bar, but it was never made. There was a trip back to the SAD(Shawn, Anuj, David) house. There were a few games of Twister. I declared myself all-time spinner, and proceded to watch everyone get.. well, twisted up. Highlites include Dix cheating by sitting for his entire go-around, and Anuj screaming "You don't know who you're messing with, I do Yoga" at one point.

After everyone was twisted out, we were searching for something else to do. Someone suggested Volleyball, and despite it being 1:00AM, and 65 degrees outside, everyone was all for it. We split up into teams, and play commenced. Not 5 minutes into the game, after hitting the ball, I felt my ring fly off. I stopped and told everyone what happened. Then all of my wonderful friends took time off to dig through the freezing sand to find my ring, and after about 20 minutes of searching.... we had nothing.

Belinda and I decided at that point to head to Wal-Mart and buy a metal detector. We found one, and bought the cheapest model they had (A not-so-cheap $100). We made it back to the court, my, again, wonderful friends still waiting for us. Shawn and I put the thing together Anuj took it onto the court. (Nick: "Why are we letting Anuj do it? Is it because he's never failed at anything before?") Within seconds, literally less than 10, there's beeping. I dig under the detector and there it is, my ring, as right as it ever was.

That ended the night, as it was now 2:30, and everyone was ready for bed. I thanked everyone and Belinda and I headed off. Now, there's a part two, but I don't have time to write it now, I'll get to it when I do. So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home