Sunday, February 04, 2007

State of the Granville Address

Well, I had to update sooner or later, didn't I? Once upon a time, I guess its been nine or ten years ago now, I would send out a mass e-mail to all my friends telling them how/what I was doing, that kinda thing. One would think that a blog is just a non-targeted version of my old State of the Granville's so I'd keep up with it more, but it hasn't happened. I think the main difference is that my life now doesn't suck as much as it did then. I would complain like no one's business about everything back then, of course, I had a lot to complain about. Now-a-days my life isn't bad at all. I'm in a great loving relationship, great friends, and besides my thinning hairline and occasional kidney stone, I'm in pretty good health. I do worry about getting a job, but I'm not too worried... I think that's another thing. I'm much less pessimistic today than I was back in the 90's. I just believe everything'll work out one way or another.

Anyway, moving onto sports news. The Braves should be a bit better this year than last. Despite letting my favorite player (Marcus Giles) go on to free agency, and trading their 30HR first baseman who sucked until last year (when he finally became good) for a relief pitcher and prospect. Oh, and despite Jeff Francouer, who sucks. They'll be better because Chipper will stay healthy all year (please?) Kelly Jo will make me forget about Marcus (I hope), and Brian McCann will become a legitimate MVP Candidate.

In football news, Vince Young is good. The Titan's should make the playoffs next year, even if Pacman Jones is in jail.

Now, Hockey news is the best right now. As I write this, the Predators have the best record in the NHL, they're the second highest scoring team, and have the best goal differential. I've been to five games in person so far this year, and they've scored at least six goals in four of them, and won the other in a shootout.(on my birthday no less, and I should mention they did lose one of the games where they scored 6 goals, as the Blackhawks scored 8, the first game of the year) But one of those games was against the Red Wings, so it counts twice. Or something. Plus, they have a David Gussio look-alike playing on the third line.

In non-sports news, I've been watching a lot of Star Trek lately. The Sci-Fi channel has been rerunning Enterprise, which isn't as bad as I was afraid of. Its no DS9, but few shows are. I've also been reading some Philip K. Dick. I really like his work. I'm about a quarter of the way through The Man In The High Castle, and I've finished Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep, and The Penultimate Truth. I highly recommend his works.

I guess that's all. All I can think of right now at any rate. I'm sure I won't go so long between updates again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That guy does not look like me

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home